Hmmmm......
Spiderman on a horse? Something just does not seem quite right with that, like,.......... it just doesn't seem the right fit or place for him...you know? Just makes you want to go, hmmm.......
I have to chuckle a bit because I've said that I love to write, but actually, if that was the case, I think I would be more graced in grammar and thank goodness for spell check! Therefore, I realize something about myself, it's not that I have a passion for "writing", it's that I have a passion to sometimes just share my heart to help others that may relate.
So, going back to Spiderman and wondering if he really found his place in this world on a horse, well, I don't think so. In fact, the last time my grandson, Sawyer, was pretending to be Spiderman, he was flying through the air, off the couch in his little Spiderman outfit, and climbing from place to place to show his Superhero powers! Yep, Spiderman found his place and it is not on a horse!
Lately, in this mid-season of life, I keep hearing an older Christian song echoing in my head by, Michael W. Smith titled, My Place In This World....................
Feels like I'm
Looking for a reason
Roamin' through the night to find
My place in this world
My place in this world
Actually though, I am not roaming through the night, just tossing and turning a bit and throwing the window open at times to get a cool breeze! I have been roaming in my thought life about it all though. I sometimes wonder, where is my place in this world now? You see, when your children are young, we teach them to tie their own shoes, fix their own sandwiches, get an education, and eventually how to drive and do their own laundry. We teach them to love, treat, and respect others as they would want to be treated themselves. We show and teach them the God of the Scriptures who loves them and has their best interest at heart. We spend time teaching and loving our children in hopes they will become Christ accepting, God loving, God fearing, independent, secure, productive young adults. That was the goal, wasn't it? Ugh, yea....but now it all stops??? You blink and they are all grown!!!!! Wow.....where did the time go?
This has certainly been an interesting time in my life.... the empty nest, facing the mid-season of life, as well as recent life happenings that have brought sorrow through tragedy and loss of family members and dear friends, sadness you see in the world, aging and illness of those you love, etc. For you see, as life shows us at times, it can certainly get messy!
Sure can get messy!
When loss occurs in life, it is normal to experience grief. As an empty nester, you have the loss of normal routine caused by the absence of your loved ones, for you raised them in your home for years!!! Your life has been shaped by those around you and now they're gone. When your child grows up and moves out, your everyday events and responsibilities change from a primary caregiver to a feeling of loss and purpose. Yet, I know though, that it is normal to grieve for the intimate times you shared while raising your children. It is strange, a house which has been filled with laughter, tears, ringing phones, revolving doors, and other ISSUES, ISSUES, ISSUES, suddenly is quiet which in turn leads to a sort of quiet loneliness.
Ring ring ring!
Grief is an interesting emotion. We grieve things such as death, children leaving, along with personal hopes and dreams you always aspired for that never happened. I see where, whoa, what the heck? Where are all these emotions coming from? Where is my worth? ......It certainly proves my frailty and my need for my Savior!....................
The fact is, God truly does provide us with an awesome sense of worth when we trust Him rather than ourselves! He says in Isaiah 46:4 "I will be your God throughout your lifetime--until your hair is white with age. I made you and I will care for you. I will carry you along and sustain you." The Lord is here to help us enjoy our years, have peace, and find the perfect balance in this next stage of our life.
I was reminded of that not long ago after I took a nice long walk. When I returned, I sat on my deck in my backyard and watched the beautiful sunset and just pondered and questioned many things. As I sat there, I watched two squirrels playing and being so free. They just kept chasing each other and running circles around each other, enjoying life as only a squirrel can, I guess. Yet, it showed me, in the quietness of my heart and soul, as I took in the beauty of it all , that the one would not leave the others side. I was then reminded as child of the God in that nature's scene.....He will never leave us or forsake us, no matter what! He will be by our side and strengthen us to get through whatever we need to. He reminded me, in watching those squirrels, of the freedom we have in Him, though sometimes it may not seem as that. But more than all, He once again reminded me of His great love for me...and that no matter what choices I have made in life, that He truly does love me through the good, the bad, and the ugly! He reminds me that He truly does have my best interest at heart and He will always be there.
As my perspective then changes, as I set my sights above, I also realize that this time is not without benefit. We gain awareness, wisdom, and understanding of what really is important in life. We have a greater sense of clarity and purpose in our lives. Life’s transitions are just a part of this life, Ecclesiastes 3:1 "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under Heaven."
Wow, the letting go, a time of quiet loneliness,........soon then leads to a time of quiet strength, a renewed strength, a new stage,....new beginnings. Our losses serve not only as something to move through, but they also come rich with lessons, to strengthen us with wisdom and compassion. I mean, my goodness, we have been participating in the school of life since the day we were slapped on our bottoms to force sweet air into our tiny lungs. We have had late nights in the lessons of researching our life’s path with all the twists and turns this highway presents us!
You learn along the way though, that those you want to spend time and invest yourself with, are those that are not just about "lip service" that say they care, but about those who truly show, in love and action, that they do care. They see value in you. You become wise to the webs you allow yourself to get caught up in and like Spiderman, you allow yourself to get tangled in only those webs that lead to ultimate good for the sake of God and love of others.
The transitions of life have led me to see where I do truly fit in once again. Where is my place in this world???? Was I bitten by a radioactive Spider and made to be a Superhero and given superhuman strength like Spiderman? No, but I was captured by the heart of God! Is my strength superhuman????Absolutely!!! It is a strength that comes from the Spirit of God to face the next chapters in my life....a strength, love, and acceptance that was given to me many years ago as He breathed NEW LIFE into me which was His life, the Holy Spirit of our Living God! So, where do I belong??? I am shown and reminded once again, through my stubbornnes and occasional pity parties, that where I belong is In the arms of my Heavenly
Father who will never leave me nor forsake me. In His arms, He leads me then to the greatest commandment...to love Him with all my heart, soul, and mind....and to love others. I am also drawn back to my strong belief in His Word and of genuine Christlike love through the book of 1Cor13...the "LOVE" chapter in that........ if I speak with human eloquence and of angels ecstasies...and if I do great and mighty things but have not love....I am nothing!
Father who will never leave me nor forsake me. In His arms, He leads me then to the greatest commandment...to love Him with all my heart, soul, and mind....and to love others. I am also drawn back to my strong belief in His Word and of genuine Christlike love through the book of 1Cor13...the "LOVE" chapter in that........ if I speak with human eloquence and of angels ecstasies...and if I do great and mighty things but have not love....I am nothing!
So as the seasons of life change....I am humbled and forever grateful for "what was" .......I look forward to the next phase of "what will be"........and I will be content and count my blessings for "what is!"
As for one of my lifes greatest blessings and gifts I have ever been given, my precious Grandson, Spiderman Sawyer,.....he displays for us in his pretend play that ............WE ARE MORE THAN CONQUERORS IF WE ARE IN CHRIST JESUS!!!! ......for HE truly saved the day!
Woo-hoo...saved the day!
It says it all in my new favorite song!...Proof Of Your Love...
No comments:
Post a Comment