Thursday, January 30, 2014

The "WHYS" in life...

Oh my, oh my.....this time of year can be hard for many.  The holidays are over, the long winter settles in, and the season seems like it won't end. We, as humans, can't help but question at times the whys on many personal issues in life. Whether it be loneliness, hurt, physical ailments, sorrow, etc.
 
 I was telling my closest friend recently of how I see many in my life right now that are so freshly wounded....you hurt for them and want to fix things, along with wanting to fix your own wounds. But you know...sometimes you just can't! You just have to surrender, though it is hard! You have to depend on the ONE who is bigger than yourself!  
 
I was reminded today in a picture, ( the picture was just like my grandparents front porch in the small town of Kirkwood, with a side door and a front door) when I was a fearful little girl, of my front porch talks with my Grandpa and Grandma. They always seemed to know just what to say that would give me a "sense of peace" with their words and their love. They never failed to be able to give me an assurance that "it's going to be alright."

You see, in life, it's easy to question...why did my closest friend have to lose her husband, the father of her precious girls who were like my very own, while serving his country, due to a roadside explosion in Iraq? Why did my Dad and Sister have to suffer cancer at the same time?  Why did one of my closest friends, who became as a daughter to me,  have to have multiple strokes, after having bore one of the most precious little healthy boys ever witnessed, only to have her life changed forever? Why did my cousin, who bore a precious little boy, have her heart destroyed by a virus in which she ended up having to have a heart transplant from? Why did trying my hardest to breathe life, into a teacher friend of mine, never bring her back to life? Why do some of the most beautiful, giving people, God's very own children..... ourselves, our family members, our friends,... have to endure financial or relational dire? Why do they have to lose their own loved ones, old and young alike to death, divorce, disabilities, etc. when they give it their very all and sacrifice so very much???? Why? I mean, it makes you just wish that you could hide, escape, and never come out of an old metal milk jug container that was also on that same front porch!
 Here is the thing....we all have those questions, some with so many more than others. But it isn't about comparing how many heartaches, failures, tragedies or about ever seeking pity. It is just finding the answers to the "whys" in life we all have at times. Oh yea, you can have legalistic Christians who think they have all the answers, you can have the most intellectual and scholarly people have all the answers, you can have those egotistical people who are only right fighters give you the answers...and even politicians give you the answers...Etc. Etc....
 
Here's the bottom line for me...the only answer for me is ....we may never know while on this earth and we just have to ride the waves.... for life goes on. The great thing is, the season of Spring is coming and we will be given the strength to endure this journey called  "life."
The only answer that has ever given me comfort is from the very God that I have come to know personally many years ago as a child.... It is from the very Word that was told by HIM. You see, I am not a Holy roller  or religious fanatic, for believe me, I am just as REAL AS THEY GET and I mess up continually, yet, try my best to enjoy the fun times we are offered on this earth, some of what ones legalistic views, may disagree with, yet, that's okay. You see, I answer to the ONE and ONLY TRUE ONE. I'm the daughter of a KING, to where I have found my only true HOPE is in HIM.  THEREFORE, the answer to my Y's in life comes from the source of my strength and it  lies in this right here, what HE TOLD US ALL WHO ARE WILLING TO HEAR.....

Isaiah 55:8-9

New International Version (NIV)
8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts".....
 
All that to say, I GET IT, I am not trying anymore, rather, I am TRUSTING!  Maybe we will never find the answers here because we wouldn't understand...maybe there truly is a bigger purpose to a bigger picture, that we can only contribute a very small piece to..and that puzzle will not be revealed until another time. I have come to settle with that fact for sure that, though life continues to give us rejoicing, sorrow, and hope....I will cling onto the true HOPE!
 
I can only pray as well, that someday, when my grandchildren grow up and experience the realities of life, that I too, as my grandparents did, will be able to give them that same sense of peace and hope that  "all will be okay" and that they know, no matter what they experience or what mistakes they ever make, I will truly love them with the same unconditional love and grace that my HEAVENLY FATHER, along with true friends and family, that I have been totally blessed with, have offered me.
LOVE THOSE ESKIMO KISSES!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment